Did You Know About The ‘Spa Code of Conduct’?
When we are at a Spa, we expect everything to be perfect. Right from the ambiance to the treatment, we want everything as per our preference. Well, now this is totally possible, if and only if you speak up.
Did you know, that as per the “Spa Code of Conduct”, it is your responsibility to speak about your preferences and expectations. At times, we find that the massage is seeming more painful than normal, the music is pretty loud, or may be the therapist is being overfriendly and making you uncomfortable. Well, no matter what the situation is, if you are not happy about it, it is important that you inform the Spa authorities.
What is Spa Code of Conduct?
It is like a set of rules developed to ensure that the client get proper services and the Spa is providing optimum services. The thing is, there may be a number of spas near you, but they all work with the same intention – to take care of you. For this they:
- Develop a well-decorated spa which will appeal their clients
- Hire qualified and efficient staff to deliver high quality services
- Offer a range of different treatments to make their client feel and look better
However, all individuals have different preferences and likings. The therapists who is attending you is willing to provide you great services, but he/she is not a mind reader. You will have to communicate about your preferences.
You can talk about what you like or what you don’t like before, during and even after the treatment. Nevertheless, to make your experience more enjoyable, it is recommended that you share your thoughts with the therapist during the treatment.
Some of the responsibilities of the guests as per the spa code of conduct are:
- Talk about your preferences, expectations and concerns clearly.
- Discuss about your health conditions, and if you are there for a specific reason.
- Treat the staff members and other guests with courtesy.
- Use products and equipment as directed.
- Try to be green and make efforts to save the environment.
Along with the responsibilities, the Spa Code of Conduct even gives you certain rights. For instance, you have the right to clean and comfortable environment, be treated with respect and dignity, ask information about spa treatments and staff qualification, stop the treatment whenever you want to, etc.
Spa Code of Conduct is developed with an intention to help clients as well as Spas. Besides, it ensures that spas maintain high standards of quality and be thorough about the type of product, equipment and staff they employ.